Revolutionizing youth Mental Health care
A first of its kind in Canada, the First Episode Mood and Anxiety Program (FEMAP) is led by Dr. Elizabeth Osuch and has been transforming the model of care for youth mental health for over a decade using evidence-based, clinically-proven approaches. While demand for services had already been on the rise, after the social disruption caused by COVID-19, that same demand for help increased by more than 100 per cent. Our donors were here to support our youth when it was needed the most.
Thank you for helping us grow with the need
To meet the needs of today’s youth requiring mental health support, expanding the facility was essential. FEMAP’s expansion will also enable it to double its team of healthcare professionals, allowing it to continue offering its unique model of care by some of the most innovative minds in the field.
Thankfully, in 2021, FEMAP opened its second location at 54 Riverview Avenue. With the facility now accepting patients, more young people are receiving life-changing and life-saving care.
Dr. Elizabeth Osuch
The new facility offers:
- Increased individual therapy space
- Additional group therapy space
- New, valuable life-skills workshops
- Dedicated training areas for staff and trainees
- Increased capacity to treat mood disorders and those with traumatic exposures
- More training opportunities for medical, psychiatric, social work and psychology trainees