Professional Advisor Information
London Health Sciences Foundation is profoundly appreciative of legacy gifts from our community including Bequests, gifts of life insurance, registered investment accounts like RRSPs, RRIFs and TFSAs and other end-of-life gifts, as they ensure our future remains solid and able to sustain the excellent quality of patient care we offer our patients and their families.
Gifts and bequests to support London Health Sciences Centre should be made to London Health Sciences Foundation as the entity responsible for issuing tax receipts for charitable gifts to the hospital.
89478 1475 RR0001
- Victoria Hospital - 800 Commissioners Road East
- University Hospital - 339 Windermere Road
- Byron Medical Centre - 228 Commissioners Road West
- Victoria Family Medical Centre - 60 Chesley Ave
- Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic - 1151 Richmond Street
- Westmount Kidney Care Centre - Westmount Shopping Centre (785 Wonderland Road South)
- Lawson Health Research Institute - 750 Base Line Road East
Gifts to support any of the above should be directed/donated/payable to “London Health Sciences Foundation” (747 Base Line Road East).
London Health Sciences Foundation
747 Base Line Road East
London, ON N6C 2R6
Attn: Planned Giving
Notifying our planned giving staff about a future gift from your client is of great assistance to us. Not only does it allow us to ensure the wording and any restrictions on the gift are practicable, it allows us to recognize our legacy donors now, while they are alive, and also helps us plan for the future. Anonymity is always respected if requested by the your client.
Sample Will Wording
NOTE: Our Charitable Registration Number is 89478 1475 RR0001
London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) believes that a donor's interest and their family's interests must come first when a planned gift is arranged. A gift from an estate to LHSF will result in tax relief to the estate, leaving more residue for other interests and family.
The following sample wording options for structuring a bequest through a Will should help establish a legacy gift that best suits the donor's needs and wishes:
1. I direct my Executors to give to London Health Sciences Foundation for the benefit of London Health Sciences Centre the sum of $_____ (or_____% of my residue) for use where it is needed most as determined in the absolute discretion of the Directors of London Health Sciences Foundation.
2. I direct my Executors to give to London Health Sciences Foundation for the benefit of London Health Sciences Centre the sum of $_____ (or_____% of my residue) to be used for the purpose of _____________ (examples could include: research, patient care, equipment, teaching, a program at the Hospital, etc.), provided that if such purpose ceases to exist or ceases to be provided by London Health Sciences Centre, then the legacy shall not fail but the Directors of London Health Sciences Foundation shall use such legacy for a medical purpose which most closely resembles the purpose set out above.
Highest Priority Needs at LHSC
As our Hospital's needs change significantly from year to year and medical advances impact our future needs, "undesignated" gifts are always most flexible for legacy gifts. If restrictions are placed on a gift, they should be made generally and with some flexibility or an "out" (cy-pres) clause, should the need no longer exist at the time of death (a sample of such a clause is outlined under No. 2 above).
Many thanks for your support! On behalf of the patients and families who will benefit from your generosity, please accept our sincere gratitude.